Our goal at PJ Helicopters is to create a positive impact and solid structure for the future of the helicopter industry, as well as furthering sustainability for generations to come. PJ Helicopters has invested in the future of our world. Here are some purchases made recently to help in our efforts towards being GREEN!
EnviroTanker: Increased fuel economy for large truck, and reduction in carbon footprint. Exceeding current California emissions requirements and meets Federal Emissions Regulations.
2 Notar Helicopters: Decreased noise pollution for urban areas, as well as potentially damaging natural habitats and carbon footprint to wildlife.
Travel Trailers: Housing when on contract, saving potential hotel produced waste as well as emissions (carbon footprint) from commuting.
Bonaza A36 Airplane: To fly pilots, parts, and/or mechanics to or from anywhere in the United States saving time, and reducing our carbon footprint.
We have also done the “little things” around the office that make a big impact in a positive direction!
- Recycle bin in the break room/kitchen/hanger/truck shop
- Battery recycle: household all sizes, as well as helicopter, and automotive batteries
- Water to hanger is a well: added direct filter for well water to be drinkable
- Office paper recycling
- Cardboard recycle
Our maintenance team are all concious as well! Going GREEN is a solid team effort at PJ’s Helicopters.
- Scrap Metal recycle: bins in truck shop for steel and aluminum
- Oil recycle: 55 gallon drums collected when full
- Fuel Recycle: diesel, jet, 100LL, automotive regular
- Fuel filter recycle: bin in truck shop
- Oil filter recycle: bin in truck shop
- Ink cartridge recycle: collected at front desk
- Crate stock and re-use: after shipped, we store and reuse
- Areo-Brite: a proprietary blend of surfactants that out performs any cleaner without the use of dangerous solvents
- Cleaning products: all in hanger for aircraft. Ex: We buy concentrate of simple green and/or window cleaner, and re-fill bottles for re-use.
- Ropes recycled: retired ropes, slings, shackles, and grapples used for training.
- Dyson airblande hand dryer: reducing paper towel waste by 70%
At PJ Helicopters a great deal of our work opportunities are awarded by superior flight training, qualifications, and combined experience. Along with these traits, we pride ourselves on providing a safe and environmentally conventional work environment. Our work in the field has and will continue to change the impact of helicopters to the environment that surrounds us all. With the ability to move material and humans safely, over and around sensitive habitats, which may be urban or wilderness. We are willing to make the changes necessary to protect the safety and futures of any and all we encounter in our endeavors.